TRUNK SHOWS & WORKSHOPS
Inspirational, Informative, & Entertaining Presentations
for Quilt Guilds & Other Groups
Be inspired by Barbara’s passion for quilting and design as she shares her expertise and showcases her traditional and highly innovative and artistic contemporary quilts to demonstrate her lecture’s lessons.
Practicing the art of quilting for more than 40 years, she is an award-winning quilter and teacher and held her first solo exhibit in 2018 and is preparing for her fourth one in September 2022 at the Milton Public Library.
Most lectures and trunk shows can be done in person or via Zoom.
Barbara is a member of the New England Quilt Museum’s Teachers Directory. She has exhibited widely at local quilt shows, libraries, county fairs, and, on her first attempt in summer 2022, one international juried show.
Don’t miss Barbara’s solo quilt exhibit “Not Your Grandma’s Quilt Show”
at the Milton Public Library at 476 Canton Avenue – NOW EXTENDED THROUGH FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 11.
Also, see nine of Barbara’s art quilts at the World Quilt Parade, sponsored by the American Quilter’s Society.
(Scroll to Chapters F (last six quilts) and G downloads (first three quilts).)
QUILT LECTURES & TRUNK SHOWS
- 7 Easy Steps to Achieve Color Harmony
- An Introduction to Art Quilts: Taking Baby Steps to Think Outside the Block (I and II)
- A Walk Down “Cheat Street:” Using Panels and Large Print Fabric in Quilts
- Embellish! Simple Surface Design for Quilts, Wall Hangings, and Banners
- If Picasso Was a Quilter: How to Cultivate Your Creative Genius
- Keeping You in Stitches: Quilters’ Comedy Café
- Quilt Design Checklist: Tips from an Interior Decorator
- Secret Codes in Quilts from the Underground Railroad
- Setting Up Your Sewing Studio for Fun and Function
- “Sew” Creative: The Fabric of My Life
- A Good Hair Day: Creating a No-pattern, Collage Wall Hanging
- Be a Free Spirit: Make an Improvisational Quilt
- Do the String Thing: The “Coffee Roll” Quilt
- Fracture Fun: Easy Art Quilts Using Large Printed Panels
- Meet Me at the Corner of Topsy and Turvy: Welcome to Wonky Town
- Memory Bears and Quilts: From Past to Present Using Upcycled Clothing and Linens
- Out on a Limb: Trees, Trees, Trees
- Something’s Fishy: Get Hooked on Collage Quilts
“All the reviews from our guild were ultra-positive. Barbara speaks as if she is talking to friends. Her presentation was enjoyable and inspirational.”
“Barbara’s presentation was the best talk on color I have heard in 20 years of quilting. The talk was professional, highly- organized and delivered with the use of beautiful graphics and examples of her own lovely work.”
“A very inspiring talk. Your quilts are beautiful and very much art pieces.”
“Barbara’s warm and gentle, but confident, personality make her an instant fit with any group. She is a talented and enthusiastic member of the quilting community.”
“Barbara’s ‘super power’ is the relaxed, non-judgmental learning environment she creates. Encouraging us to ask questions, share our own ideas and providing helpful feedback are the three pillars of her classes.”
Ready to book an event?
Please contact Barbara for open dates and rates.
Call 617-921-6033 or email firstname.lastname@example.org